Friday, January 25, 2013

"Go and Do the Work of the Lord!"

I am truly grateful for all your love and encouragement over the past fifteen months.  One month before I came back to the U.S. to prepare for my second term in Peru, my mom went to be with the Lord on October 26, 2011 and then my father had a sudden home-going on December 13, 2012.  During my entire time here in the U.S., I have been walking through the grieving process as well as visiting churches and working towards my return to Peru.  Thank you to all who sent plants, flowers, cards and emails. I have felt your prayers during this difficult time. 

My dad, Willie, in front of his
elementary schoolhouse
My sister and I cleaned out mom and dad's house and found some wonderful treasures!  We found old Christmas tree ornaments, poems and songs that dad had written and almost 30 letters from my dad and his siblings to my Uncle Ed when he was in the war.  In one letter, my dad's sister, Sophia, describes the new wheat crop looking like a "warm green blanket".  My dad's brothers were farmers for many years and I remember my dad helping his brothers during the harvest season.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, 
"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.  
Therefore, ask the Lord of the harvest to send out 
workers into his harvest field." 
Matthew 9:37-38


My mom, Juanita, holding
flowers from my sister and me

My mind often goes back to September 5, 2003… the day I left for the mission field for the first time.  As I hugged my mom goodbye, she looked at me and said, “Go and do the work of the Lord!”  I will never forget her words to me and I continue to be very encouraged by them today.

Thank you to all who have financially partnered with me on a monthly basis. My return to Peru would not be possible without your prayers and support. I plan to return to Peru in May! I can’t wait to get back to Peru and “do the work of the Lord”!  

“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, 
for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 
Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God 
like a little child will never enter it.”
                                            Mark 10:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment